- Contact Us
- Orthodoxy & Worship
- Church Info
- Weekly Bulletin
Prosphora: The Bread Of Life
What is Prosphora? What is it used for? How is it made? What about the prayers associated with making prosphora?
Click the image below and view a 39-minute video answering the questions above and more. This video was recorded at a Prosphora-making session held at Saints Peter and Paul Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church in Topeka, Kansas.
Thanks to Fr. Joseph, Danita, John and Joleen for making this video a possibility.
[jwplayer |config=sample |file=http://peterandpaul.net/sites/files/Prosphora-Bread-of-Life-HQ.mp4|image=/sites/files/Prosphora 440x525.png]
Tips for viewing:
- To view the video full-screen, click the four outward-pointing arrows in the lower right corner of the video. Once it is full-screen, clicking the same area will revert back to the original viewing mode.
- If you need to pause the video, click anywhere in the video presentation. The download will continue until the entire video is loaded onto your computer. You can resume playback when you want.
- If the video plays intermittently, you can pause playback and wait a bit -- how long depends upon your internet connection speed. This allows the video to download to your computer and get ahead of the playback so there won't be any pauses.
- To replay any portion of the video that has already downloaded, simply move the pointer in the control bar to the approximate position in the video you want to view. As long as you do not leave this page, once the video has downloaded you can stop, start and replay any portion as often as you like without waiting for it to download again.
- If you don't see the video player above, make sure you have Flash Player installed and it is working correctly in your browser.